Many housewives do it anyway and don’t know that improper thawing of meat leads to health problems

Butter is part of our diet. We often buy it to stock up, as its shelf life can be easily extended by putting it in the freezer. This extends the shelf life from a few days to months. But when we need the meat, we need to defrost it. This is where a number of health-threatening mistakes can be made.

Cold water is ideal

The best practice is to use cold water. Not every housewife goes this route. Often she needs her meat to be tender right away, so she puts it in the microwave. This is not quite the optimal procedure and the cold water option is much more gentle and healthier. Just watch out for the necessities. Change the water every 30 minutes so it doesn’t get too hot. Never defrost meat in warm or even hot water. This would encourage the growth of bacteria that can cause poisoning. In addition, the prepared food could have an unpleasant smell.

The advantage of this method is that it is much faster than defrosting in the refrigerator. The meat is not exposed to high temperatures and bacteria will not form. The disadvantage may be that you have to change the water every half hour. You can keep the meat under running water, but that’s not very economical. Make sure the bag is tight before you put the meat in the water.

Source: Pixabay

You can also use a microwave

You can safely put the meat in the microwave as well. Set the desired power and let the oven run until the meat is loose. But be careful not to let the meat start to cook. This could be dangerous to your health and you would not be able to work with such meat. This is probably the quickest method to defrost meat.

Always thaw meat on a plate, do not use Styrofoam plates or any other plate that will break down or produce harmful chemicals due to the warm air. You can also use a conventional oven, but don’t turn it on completely, just a few dozen degrees. Here, however, it may also take longer.

Never refreeze frozen meat. This is the best way to spread salmonella bacteria and you can easily catch it.